Monday 16 January 2012

World Gym and The Big Man Craig Bongelli...

I often get asked...How did you go from 15years in Dental to World Gym??...Well once again...Sandra Compton!

I have worked in Dentistry for 15years...I worked as a Dental Consultant and I  loved what I was doing. What I didn't love was the time away from my Children. I have always been torn between family and career... I very much enjoy working...I know that sounds silly but I have lots of idea's and thoughts all the time and being at home full time would drive me bonkers!!...I need an outlet for my idea's and energy.



I was looking on Kijiji one night and I noticed an add for customer service reps at World Gym...They are open 24hrs so I thought I would have a good choice for hours and could work in the evenings and stay home with the kids during the day...My weight loss and new love of fitness made it seem like a good choice.

Knowing Sandra trained at World Gym I emailed her and she encouraged me to apply and directed me to Nelly. My Husband and I were sceptical about me working at the Gym.  After meeting Nelly, I was excited about the idea-She was professional, gave good customer service, I was impressed... I went home and said to my husband..."I loved it!!...They weren't idiots"....ha ha ;)

I got the interview and obviously got the Job. :)

It was a real learning curve for me and I wasn't sure I would ever get the hang of all the things I had to do...being a perfectionist and an expert in my previous field of dentistry It felt very foreign to be the student and not the teacher.

I finally managed to get a hold of the front desk role....I very much love working the desk. I love the vibe, the members and the staff.  Nelly encourages me to bring any skills I have from my consulting years to the table. Wes is always receptive to my never ending idea's, questions, thoughts and ramblings. I truly enjoy my job at World Gym...It was a great move for me.

Craig Bongelli (pulling a city garbage truck)

Along Came Craig....Again I often get asked...how did you and Craig meet?...I had to think for a while to remember how it all started.

I met Craig for the first time about a year ago at a staff function. I actually won a large TV at this function and Craig came up to me after the win and said "Hey there little lady, if you need a hand with that TV I can help you take it to your car...lifting heavy things is what I do" According to Craig I looked at him like, Get away from me and stop trying to take my TV....haha! I did end up letting him Carry it to the car...lol.

One day after the staff function I was up on the weight floor. I could tell Craig was watching me and I was getting a little ticked off...He made his way over to me after his client, He sat on a ball watching me work out. I stopped abruptly and said... What??...What Now Craig??...What am I doing wrong this time??...He said..."Little Lady...let me make you a programme"...I rudely answered...Why?..I only have so much time to work out, I have kids you know!! He smiled and said don't worry I'll get one together that will work for you.

I thought ooohh man I don't want to train with this kid...I bet he forgets all about the program and I'll be off the hook...I was wrong!...Craig whipped up a program for me ASAP....it was go time.

Day 1 of training with Craig arrived...I was so nervous I wanted to Barf...I had ZERO desire to do what I was about to do...I didn't know Craig that well at the time. I was 130lbs when we started together and I still I felt like the Fat Girl being watched by a Boy...it was HORRIBLE!... We went through day 1 together. I was amazed at my lack of fitness ability...I could run... I had lost weight...but I was weak!!... I was totally embarrassed about it. After my first session with Craig I went into the staff bathroom and..I cried and cried...I felt so many things....mostly embarrassment...but also determination!!- I wasn't going to let this beat me!!

I had to finish up 2 more sessions with Craig and I felt sick about it...as we worked through it together we got to know each other fairly well...I soon realised that Craig is Extremely Smart, Dedicated, Passionate, Funny and He Truly Enjoys what he does. I need details about what I'm doing...logic behind the exercise and Craig is a master Teacher. After doing his program for 3 weeks I dropped my body fat by 3%...it was amazing!! **Personal Training makes all the difference**...I spoke about being accountable during weight loss. It's important to have someone to be accountable to...Craig has totally transformed me and taken my fitness to a new level ... I will be forever thankful for him :)

Craig and I continue to train together. My weight is now down to 115lbs and my body fat is at 13%. He continues to embarrass me with every new program....he believes in me at all times...he doesn't let me make any excuses... he is the perfect Trainer for Me. Having a Pro Strong man as your Trainer is pretty cool. I brag about him at any opportunity :).. I refer clients to him with confidence. Great things are deservedly happening for Craig. The best Trainer can Train themselves and Craig Trains himself as hard as he does his clients. I couldn't be prouder to be his friend and to have the privilege to train with him.

I truly believe things and people enter your life for a reason...I know I was meant to meet Sandra Compton and Jimmy Mentis...I was meant to work at World Gym and I was meant to meet Craig...these people and decisions have changed my life in soooo many positive ways.

The point of this Blog is...Don't be afraid to Leap, Take opportunity's as they present themselves, Fear nothing...great things can happen :)

Thanks :)

Sheryl

"If you always do what you've always done...you will always get what you always got"




No comments:

Post a Comment